A successful website design ensures that the visitor easily finds the data he came looking for. The design needs to be so that the information is emotionally appealing, structurally functioning and visually pleasing. In addition to being able to satisfy the visitor, the site design should also be equally appealing to search engines so that they rank the site on top of search results. It is extremely difficult to satisfy both humans in addition to search engines as the two of these have different requirements. The secret to success lies in being able to integrate the requirements both in a website design that's approved by humans in addition to search engines.
Website designs have three types, namely static, dynamic or CMS and e-commerce websites. Selecting the type of website design is determined by the type of business and element the business owners. These website designs might be built on different platforms. Read on to find out more about each type of web page design and the platforms used.
1. Static website design-
Once you just need a few pages on your own website and do not want the data to change, a static design is the foremost bet. The information over a static site continues to be same and has no changes happening in lifetime of time. Static websites are manufactured in HTML and CSS. They may be very easy to develop and are easily indexed by engines like google. However they are weak with regards to completing complex tasks. Another major setback is static websites should be manually updated which is a time-consuming and monotonous task.
2. Dynamic of CMS web design-
A dynamic website design can deliver dynamic information. This implies depending on changes happening, the site information would be automatically updated with different few criteria. A dynamic web design usually is built on content management platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. The only disadvantage is that this form of website is difficult to build and also is not easily classified by search engines. The different CMS platforms on with these dynamic websites are made are
· Drupal- Built and employed by a lot of very active people around the globe Drupal is an open source cms platform. It is a free system that can be used to build any type of website.
· Joomla- This is a very popular content management system used mainly by individuals, small businesses and huge organizations. It is very simple to create a website using Joomla like a platform.
· WordPress- The most easiest and convenient platform, WordPress is also free to use. You get to look for a lot of plugins that will ensure you have the website you've always dreamt of. WordPress is very user friendly and also you can edit info on the website without being HTML gurus.
3. E-commerce website-
In the event you run an online business along with the website involves sales you may want to consider an e-commerce website. An excellent platform remains non messy helping you take care of all of the technical aspects of the site. There is a multitude of e-commerce platforms to pick from. A few are discussed below.
· Magneto- If you're a newbie with intentions of creating a jumpstart into online selling magneto is a good consideration. Being free, magneto is free and so has several extensions. Magneto can also be SEO ready with means that you have very little make an effort to do.
· OsCommerce- A very popular platform, that is easy to set up and help. The popularity makes video very common platform that is a downside. However in to make your website using osCommerce unique, you get a number of add-ons that can easily do the trick.
· OpenCart- This is a free platform using the advantage of being able to sell unlimited products in a number of categories.
· Volusion- Although it has a small startup prize, volusion has a good collection of designs. But that it is a hosted service and may go down anytime.
There are numerous more e-commerce platforms like shopify, virtuemart, zeuscart, zencart etc. Choosing some of these wonderful platforms ensures your website performs as required.