A successful web page design ensures that the visitor easily finds the knowledge he came looking for. The design needs to be such that the information is emotionally appealing, structurally functioning and visually pleasing. Aside from being able to satisfy the visitor, your website design should also be equally appealing to search engines so that they rank the web site on top of search results. It's very difficult to satisfy both humans along with search engines as both these have different requirements. The secret lies in being able to integrate the demands of both in a website design that is approved by humans along with search engines.
Website designs have three types, namely static, dynamic or CMS and e-commerce websites. Choosing the type of website design is dependent upon the type of business and feature the business owners. All these website designs might be built on different platforms. Continue reading to find out more about each type of website design and the platforms used.
1. Static website design-
When you just need a few pages on your own website and do not want the information to change, a static design is the foremost bet. The information on the static site remains to be the same and has no changes happening in course of time. Static websites are set up in HTML and CSS. They're very easy to develop and are easily indexed by search engines. However they are weak when it comes to completing complex tasks. Another major setback is that static websites need to be manually updated which is a time-consuming and monotonous task.
2. Dynamic of CMS web design-
An engaged website design can deliver dynamic information. This means depending on changes happening, the web site information would be automatically updated using a few criteria. A lively web design usually is built on content management platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. The only real disadvantage is that this type of website is difficult to build and in addition is not easily classified by search engines. The different CMS platforms lets start work on these dynamic websites are created are
· Drupal- Built and utilised by a lot of very active people worldwide Drupal is an open source cms platform. It is a free system that can be used to build any type of website.
· Joomla- This can be a very popular content management system used largely by individuals, small businesses and enormous organizations. It is very very easy to create a website using Joomla as being a platform.
· WordPress- The most easiest and convenient platform, WordPress is additionally free to use. You get to find a lot of plugins which will ensure you have the website you've always dreamed of. WordPress is very user friendly and also you can edit information about the website without being HTML gurus.
3. E-commerce website-
In the event you run an online business and also the website involves sales you should consider an e-commerce website. A great platform remains non messy so helping you take care of each of the technical aspects of the web site. There is a multitude of e-commerce platforms to select from. A few are discussed below.
· Magneto- If you are a newbie with intentions of developing a jumpstart into online selling magneto is a great consideration. Being free, magneto is free and so has several extensions. Magneto can also be SEO ready with makes sure that you have very little make an effort to do.
· OsCommerce- A very popular platform, this is easy to set up and use. The popularity makes video very common platform which is a downside. However in to make your website using osCommerce unique, you recruit a number of add-ons that can easily have the desired effect.
· OpenCart- This is a free platform using the advantage of being able to sell unlimited products inside a number of categories.
· Volusion- Even though it has a small startup prize, volusion has a good collection of designs. However that it is a hosted service which enable it to go down anytime.
There are numerous more e-commerce platforms like shopify, virtuemart, zeuscart, zencart etc. Choosing some of these wonderful platforms ensures your site performs as required.