A successful web design ensures that the visitor easily finds the knowledge he came looking for. The design needs to be so that the information is emotionally appealing, structurally functioning and visually pleasing. In addition to being able to satisfy the visitor, the site design should also be equally popular with search engines so that they rank your website on top of search results. It is rather difficult to satisfy both humans along with search engines as the two of these have different requirements. The trick lies in being able to integrate the requirements both in a website design that is certainly approved by humans along with search engines.
Website designs are of three types, namely static, dynamic or CMS and e-commerce websites. Deciding on the type of website design depends upon the type of business and element the business owners. All these website designs could be built on different platforms. Continue reading to find out more about each type of web design and the platforms used.
1. Static website design-
If you just need a few pages in your website and do not want the information to change, a static design is the better bet. The information over a static site remains to be the same and has no changes happening in span of time. Static websites are made in HTML and CSS. They're very easy to develop and they are easily indexed by search engines like yahoo. However they are weak in terms of completing complex tasks. Another major setback is static websites should be manually updated which is a time-consuming and monotonous task.
2. Dynamic of CMS web design-
An energetic website design can deliver dynamic information. Therefore depending on changes happening, the site information would be automatically updated with different few criteria. A lively web design usually is built on cms platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. The only real disadvantage is that this sort of website is difficult to build and also is not easily placed in search engines. The different CMS platforms on with these dynamic websites are built are
· Drupal- Built and employed by a lot of very active people around the globe Drupal is an open source content management platform. It is a free system which can be used to build any type of website.
· Joomla- This can be a very popular content management system used mainly by individuals, small businesses and enormous organizations. It is very easy to create a website using Joomla being a platform.
· WordPress- The most easiest and convenient platform, WordPress is also free to use. You get to find a lot of plugins which will ensure you have the website of your dreams. WordPress is very user friendly and also you can edit information about the website without being HTML gurus.
3. E-commerce website-
In the event you run an online business and the website involves sales you might like to consider an e-commerce website. A good platform remains non messy so helping you take care of each of the technical aspects of the site. There is a multitude of e-commerce platforms to pick from. A few are discussed below.
· Magneto- A high level newbie with intentions of making a jumpstart into online selling magneto is a good consideration. Being free, magneto is open source and so has several extensions. Magneto is also SEO ready with ensures that you have very little attempt to do.
· OsCommerce- A very popular platform, this really is easy to set up and work with. The popularity makes mtss is a very common platform which is a downside. However in to make your website using osCommerce unique, you get a number of add-ons that can easily work.
· OpenCart- This is a free platform using the advantage of being able to sell unlimited products in a number of categories.
· Volusion- Though it has a small startup prize, volusion features a good collection of designs. The downside is that it is a hosted service and can go down anytime.
There are lots of more e-commerce platforms like shopify, virtuemart, zeuscart, zencart etc. Choosing any kind of these wonderful platforms ensures your website performs as required.